As we approach September it seems we're on track to resume group meetings at Ipplepen Village Hall for the first time since the pandemic began.
We appreciate some may be apprehensive about meeting but many will be keen to get back to some kind of normality and meet again in familiar surroundings.
We are eager to welcome as many as possible back to meetings as they are an essential part of staying in touch and exchanging views and ideas.
Whilst we don't wish to appear to be overbearing we ask that you consider the following points for the time being.
- In the hall we have the benefit of plenty of space and good ventilation to help in mitigating potential risk.
- At least for the first meeting and probably in the near future we would ask all members to be aware of basic hygene and precautions.
- The kitchen will not be open in September so we would ask that you bring your own drinks in flasks or whatever means you prefer.
- We will be providing hand sanitiser and cleaning wipes and would ask these be used if members are happy to let others use their equipment.
- Face coverings are now of course not mandatory but please respect others who may wish to wear one and that some members may wish to maintain a distance from others.
- It may also be the case that members who have brought equipment may be reluctant to share it with others and again we ask that their wishes be respected and always check with them first.
- The group equipment will not be in use for the first few meetings.
I'm sure we all have lots to discuss with the advent of MSFS2020 and various other developments which have taken place and are on the horizon.
On a positive note the remainder of meetings for this year are already paid for and admission will be free to everyone as we have a good reserve in the group funds.
If you have accumulated any equipment during the various lockdowns or have upgraded then we look to starting the new season with a bring and buy sale so please bring any unwanted kit with you to sell. There should be quite a few bargains to be had.
We look forward to seeing you on September 19th.