Just Flight recently released two high-yield yet low-price add-ons in the form of a Robin DR400 for FSX/P3D and X-Plane 11.
The Robin DR400 has been manufactured in France by Avions Robin since 1972. It sports a wooden frame with fabric wings which today is an unsual construction method given our propensity for hightech materials, yet its unique design has allowed it to stand the test of time. It is fast, reliable, and has a proven track record for being an excellent trainer and workhorse, but please don't leave yours out in the rain!
Let us be clear about these aircraft insofar as they are fully fledged Just Flight products of the highest calibre with phenomenal attention to detail, and have similar feature sets as Just Flight's other concurrent GA models, yet they cost a mere £9.99.
According to Just Flight, the low price is their way of thanking their loyal customers for their continued support over the many busy years that Just Flight have been developing their high quality products for the FS market.
The Robin DR400's are fully loaded with gadgets, gizmos, and avionics galore including the following for both platforms...
- Accurately modelled Robin DR400-180 Regent with 4096x4096 textures with bump and specular mapping plus PBR
- Ten international liveries
- Numerous animations including sliding canopy, luggage door and engine exhaust
- Realistic modelling and texturing of the distinctive cranked wings
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Authentic fuel and RPM gauge needle ‘wobble’
- Dimmable instrument lighting (P3D V4+ only)
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight including engine start
- Panel state system which automatically saves the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off'
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit:
- GMA 340 audio selector
- GNS 430 GPS unit
- KY 97 COM 2 radio with frequency database
- KN 64 DME; can display information from NAV1 or its own receiver (NAV3)
- GTX 330 transponder with flight timers, altitude information and monitoring
- KR 85 ADF with ADF/ANT/BFO modes
- S-TEC 55 autopilot
- Flight computer panel including fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind data
- Flight1 GTN and GNS integration in the virtual cockpit
- Custom-coded fuel system, including the optional automatic fuel tank switching
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
- Functioning carburettor and auxiliary fuel tank transfer controls
- Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window displaying values such as fuel tank weights and imbalance, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, battery charge (with quick charge option), and information about spark plug fouling and vapour lock condition
- Simulated vapour lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
- Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
- Custom external light logic with custom strobe light pattern and custom light halos for added realism