"Flight Simulator First Officer V3 is a generic copilot designed to work with aircraft that conform to Xplane (via XPUIPC), FS9, FSX and P3D SDK; in short, it adds a touch of realism while providing a copilot to share cockpit responsibilities."
"FSFO V3 does not require strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (i.e. scripts), reading lengthy manuals or precise speech. To that end, it can be as complex or simple as you want; for example, FSFO can complete the entire Before Start Checklist, or only those functions you chose not to accomplish. Regardless, he will check every switch to ensure it's placed in the correct position. Just hit connect and fly with confidence that your First Officer is helping you fly this complicated aircraft."
FSFO V3.1 Feature List:
Auto plays Flight Deck Announcements (Can be turned off)...
- Welcome Aboard (message depends on weather conditions)
- Flight Attendants “Prepare for Takeoff”
- 10,000 ft message to turn electronics on/off
- We’ve reached our cruise altitude (message depends on turbulence)
- Descent Announcement
- Flight Attendants “Prepare for Landing”
- Welcome to our destination (message depends on weather conditions
- Checklist - When called, the copilot will call the checklist item; if it's set correctly, he will proceed to the next item; if it's not, he will set it correctly himself, or wait for the pilot to configure the system before proceeding to the next call.
- FSFO Comes with 2 standard checklist that will ensure the safety of your entire fleet; so, there’s no need to spend hours configuring checklist and/or user profiles.
- Copilot call Power Set
- Copilot calls Speed Alive
- Copilot calls 80 Knots on takeoff and 100, 80 and 60 Knots on landing
- Copilot calls V1, Rotate and V2
- Copilot calls “400 feet”
- Copilot calls “acceleration altitude”
- Vref monitoring (i.e. copilot will advise the captain when the airspeed falls below the imputed value on landing)
- Calls “Engine 1 and 2 Started”
- Calls "Engine 1 and 2 Cutout"
- Calls “All Engines Stable”
- Before Takeoff - Copilot checks the flaps, trims and autobrakes; if they're incorrect, he will warn you
- After Takeoff - Copilot checks the landing gear and flaps; if they're incorrect, he will warn you
- Before Landing - Copilot checks the landing gear, flaps and spoilers; if they're incorrect, he will warn you
- Doors – Copilot will warn you anytime the engines are running and the main door is opened
- Messages are automatically copied to Window’s clipboard; you simply paste them into your VATSIM client (e.g. Vpilot or Squakbox). After all, you should be looking out the cockpit window, not
- typing messages ;).
- Manages Autopilot – Copilot turns on/off ALT, NAV, HDG, A/T, and Master Autopilot
- Manages Gear – Copilot can raise/lower the gear at the designated altitudes
- Manages Flaps – Copilot will raise/lower the flaps at the designated speeds
- Manages Altimeters - Copilot can set altimeters based on flight parameters
- Speed Warns - If selected, Copilot will:
- Advice you when the Indicated Air Speeds (IAS) goes above 250 knots; if the aircraft is below 10,000 feet MSL.
- Advises if your ground speed exceeds the knots established via the Profile screen.
- “GS Warn” option (default is 30 knots).
- Copilot can turn on/off ALL lights at the appropriate altitudes and time of day
- Copilot can also call out flap changes, parking brake, landing and spoiler status. For example, if you retract the flaps from 5 to 1, the copilot will call “Speed Check.”
- If the landing gear is extended, the Copilot calls “landing gear down”
- Manages Center Tanks- Copilot will turn on/off the center fuel pumps when the fuel level falls above/below 1,000 lbs.
- Manages MCP – Copilot will set IAS, HDG, LNAV, VNAV, A/T, HDG SEL and FDs.
- Altitude Alert – Audible “beep-beep-beep” is heard when the aircraft is within 1000 feet of the programmed altitude
- Bank Angle Warn – Audible “bank angle-bank angle” warning is played when the aircraft bank angle exceeds 35 degrees
- Stall – Audible stall warning is heard when the aircraft falls below the stall speed, as read from the aircraft.cfg
- Overspeed – Audible stall warning is heard when the aircraft is above the maximum operating airspeed, as read from the aircraft.cfg
- GPWS – Activates the Ground Proximity Warning System (e.g. 500, 400, 300…). The system is armed when the aircraft exceeds 2500 ft AGL
- Corrects FS2004/FSX default autobrake systems; disarms the autobrakes after takeoff and when the aircraft falls below 50 knots on landing roll
- Copilot can handle VATSIM Mode C settings
- Saves/Loads Aircraft location; you can click a button and have your aircraft moved to the last saved location
- Computes Top Of Descent
- Pauses at TOD
- Loads Flight Plans directly into your GPS
- Saves/Loads Aircraft location so that your aircraft moves to the last saved location
Read more here.
Change log from V3.0 to V3.1 here.
Support forum here.
Images from Avsim.
Developed by Matthew King.